What is restaurant insurance?
Owning a restaurant requires significant investment of both time and finances, and it’s important to protect those investments when possible. Restaurant insurance may help restaurant owners in Massachusetts financially shield their businesses from a range of risks.
Restaurant insurance offers customizable coverages for sit-down dining establishments. Policies typically offer a variety of property and liability coverages that can be chosen.
What Massachusetts dining establishments are restaurant policies for?
Restaurant policies are generally for Massachusetts restaurants that offer sit-down dining, either solely or in addition to take-out. Most eateries should have this type of policy. Some examples of the sorts of restaurants that get these policies are:
- Fine dining establishments, seafood restaurants, and steakhouses
- Casual restaurants, family-friendly restaurants, diners, and buffets
- Pizzerias, fast food businesses, and fast-casual eateries
- Bistros, cafes, coffee shops, and and teahouses
- Vegetarian and vegan restaurants
Food services businesses that don’t serve in a sit-down setting may want to explore other policy options. Caterers and food trucks usually are better off with slightly different policies that are more tailored to their specific needs, for example.